7.02.2007

My FAQ's

Lately, there have been many inquiries from my friends and family (yes, even my mother and father) about my whereabouts. It seems that I have dropped off the face of this earth. And sometimes I feel like I have.

But never fear I’m still here – just really busy mainly with school and work. This blog right here is generally written in between working on pages at work. I try to keep up, but generally, it’s harder to write when you have nothing to write about.

Since I constantly get the same questions, I decided to make my own FAQ’s. That way, when people ask, I can just refer them to here.

What have you been doing this whole entire summer?
This summer I’m taking 9 hours. That’s three classes in three months. So that’s left me with class every Saturday from 9-5 for the next three weekends out of four. I end my accounting class in a week. Then I pick right back up (no break in between, in fact they actually overlap) with marketing. I do my entire marketing course in four weeks. Well, you only have class on Saturdays. So what do you do during the week? Well, I leave work around 4:30. Make it home no later than 5 in order to study/complete homework for at least two hours (sometimes more for those harder classes). I may only have three class dates per course but the rest of the work is online. I do that every day Monday through Thursday. On Fridays I either take the night off or (if I have class the next day) review over stuff for at least an hour and get tons of rest for an arousing 8-hour class. After class on Saturday, I’m so wiped out, that I usually go out to eat and come back home to be in bed by 10. And Sundays? I generally reserve that again for studying/sleeping.

When will the madness stop?
After November 10, it will all start to drastically slow down. That’s when I just finish up my last class of the semester, which is completely online. My only and last class of the program is next year. That’s completely online too.

So, do you ever do anything fun?
Why of course I do. I go to work. I watch TV occasionally. I write here on my blog. I go out to eat. Isn’t that fun? Other than that, fun doesn’t come until August when I get about a month off and go on vacation. Next year will be fun too.

Do you miss hanging out with your friends?
Of course I miss every single one of you – well almost all of you, j/k. But I’d rather do it all in one year than spread it out over two or three years.

Well, what if I want to hang out with you? Can you make time for me?
Sure. We’ll just pull our calendars and compare. It may not be in the next few days, but we’ll find something.

Well, do you even have time for Sweetness? Does he care?
Umm…a little, I guess. He works on the weekends. So I really only see him once, maybe twice a week if we are lucky. I don’t think he cares that much that I’m this busy because it’s for school. Besides I’m going to have to patient with him come this fall, when he’s in school.

When do you graduate?
I really don’t know when I will officially graduate. I don’t plan on going to graduation ceremony unless I’m dragged by my mother. I will be completely done with the program after I take a study tour (a.k.a. one week vacation). So more than likely next May.

Do you like being in school?
It’s ok. You have to do what you have to do. The thing I hate about it the most is that I spend $3,000 a semester, which leaves me with hardly any money. (Not that I need any money considering I don’t have time to go out.) I’m not that great at school either, but in the end it will all pay off.

No comments: