7.23.2007

the boy is mine...

Like in almost every relationship, a couple usually has the subject of ex’s come up. I no longer talk to any of my ex-boyfriends. Mainly, because I don’t have many ex-boyfriends. Secondly, most of the boyfriends I did have, the relationship ended badly.

On the other hand, as you can probably imagine some of Sweetness’ past relationships ended amicably. One quite notable relationship he had from seventh to ninth grade. It was with this girl we’ll call Miss Gulch. The two broke up because Sweetness moved. From that time on, Sweetness and her kept in touch. Even when the two were out high school, they randomly ran into each other at a Walmart in Atlanta. Every since then they have been in touch on and off. Sweetness even sent Miss Gulch flowers this past Valentines Day.

He says they have been just friends since the ninth grade. In fact, when I refer to her as his “ex-girlfriend,” he doesn’t even think it should count since they went out in seventh grade. I think it should considering they have been corresponding ever since. And let’s just get real, obviously he has always had some sort of crush on her ever since. After all, he did send her flowers for Valentines Day. Not to mention it was while she had a boyfriend. Miss Gulch and her boyfriend's relationship was obviously on the rocks, especially since she was spending time talking to Sweetness on the phone. Either way I have no right to get mad because I didn't start dating him and we weren't exclusive until two months later.

Being the adult that I am, I told Sweetness I trust him. (I just don’t trust her.) He can still correspond with her. After all, she is thousands of miles away in Michigan.

The story continues…
Miss Gulch called him Saturday. Sweetness said it was a short conversation. She asked him why he hadn’t called her. He told her it was because he didn’t have her number. She asked him when he was coming to visit her. He said I don’t know. He doesn’t have any plans as of this moment to come home.

Now women, I think we can all read between the lines. Miss Gulch has probably broken up with her boyfriend. She’s probably thinking “Well Sweetness will be available.” Sweetness hasn’t told her he has a girlfriend. I keep insisting that he does. In fact I told him exactly what to say,

“I have a supermodel-like girlfriend who works in the fashion industry. She’s beautiful, smart and sexy. I’m in love with her. I want to be with her for the rest of my life.”

We all know the minute he says that he has a girlfriend, he will automatically become really attractive to her. She already got her chance and missed out. Sweetness is mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He should tell her he's in a relationship now. Maybe she'll go away.