7.09.2007

my funeral...

Lately, mother has been ragging me about going over the will with her since she’s having surgery this Friday. She always feels the need to review over the will with me every time she or dad has a surgery. I don’t know why, but you would think I would know the will by heart since we’ve reviewed it four times in the past year. But that got me thinking about my death and will.

Who will I leave my possessions to when I’m old, gray and fat? Especially, if I’m married and my future hubby is already in the grave. My best friend doesn’t need or really want anything of mine. Well, except maybe my bear, I’ve had since I was 5 years old. But I’m thinking I’ll have Boki retired with me too.

I supposed I could have all my money given to a favorite niece or nephew. Hmm…perhaps someone who exemplifies myself. We won’t get into that now.

Anyways, I want my funeral to be fancy and in style. Everyone wears all black (no color whatsoever). No flowers. I don’t like receiving flowers now. Why would I want to receive flowers when I’m dead? We’ll just recommend donations to a charity to be named later. Or better yet, everyone can bring a stuffed animal and they can all be donated to the Children’s Advocacy Center for Denton County.

My people tend to have food, like an entire meal, after the funeral. I never did get that and still don’t. (Would anyone care to enlighten me?) I don’t want an entire meal at my funeral. I just want cake - that’s one of my favorites. I want a huge buttercream icing cake with white inside – tiered!

There needs to be a book where everybody can sign it. I don’t just want people to write their names. I want them to write a message. You know kind of like you did in your high school yearbook?

I’ll designate the pretty picture I want blown up really big for the funeral. I don’t want an ugly picture. I’d want one of my parents to say a couple of words and my best friend to talk about how wonderful I was and how much he misses me. (I’ll prepare the speech beforehand. It wouldn’t hurt for them to cry a tear or two.) It’ll be a heart wrenching speech that everyone will remember forever.

Then I’d like a building named after me for all of my contributions to society and whatever company I helped turnaround. I like the sound of that. Have you ever thought about it? Your funeral is important. After all, it will be the last most important event of your life.

No comments: