7.11.2007

dinner date gone well...

The day after the dinner date I got “rave reviews.” Sister Sweetness liked me. She said I was pretty too. Sister Sweetness told Mother Sweetness everything. (Yes!)

The dinner actually went pretty well considering Sweetness and I were very irritated at each other before we even made it to the restaurant. I got irritated because the plans kept getting changed at the last minute. Then I was even more irritated when Sweetness showed up to my house late. (I can’t make a bad first impression.) Sweetness was irritated because I got mad at him and he was overall having a bad day. So the car ride on the way was very tense. And for those of you who know me when I’m irritated or mad, I don’t hold back.

“You can tell your sister it’s your fault, we’re late,” I said.

“Ok, I will,” he said sarcastically, which made me even more mad.

I contemplated, whether I should drive horrible, (he already doesn’t like my driving) just to make him even more upset or not. But I decided to drive good. After all, his sister would suspect something happened if we didn’t show up, I thought. Not until after we leave the restaurant, that’s another story.

Despite our very tense and practically speechless drive to the restaurant, the dinner turned out well. Sister Sweetness has this way of uplifting people’s spirits. Well, at least mine. Sweetness looked like he was about to go off the edge.

When we walked into the restaurant the first thing Sweetness' brother-in-law says is "You're late!"

"It's his fault," I said pointing at Sweetness who looked pissed.

As the night went on between the waitress and his brother-in-law picking on him, his day didn’t get any better. I started to feel bad for him. Although, I’ll never admit it to him, I felt kind of bad for giving him a hard time. (Well, at least it toughens him up.) But at the same time, sitting next to him at the table, all angry and stuff, I thought it was kind of hott. I wanted to make out with him.

Anyways, at risk of sounding like a teenager, Sister Sweetness is really cool. She’s pretty, likes to shop and very smart. She is really, really talkative. Now, I see why Sweetness doesn’t mind me talking for hours on end. He’s got to be used it. She’s just fun to be around. She is the exact type of person I would hang out with as a friend. I actually wouldn’t mind hanging around her more often.

Overall, I'd say the dinner went well. Sweetness and I made up from our little tiff later that night. The entire ordeal was a stark contrast from the last time I met a boyfriend's family. His family tried to turn me into housewife #3. They preferred a woman who would be barefoot and pregnant in the country. For those of you who know me, that's NOT me at all.

Meanwhile, Sweetness' family is a bit more modern. He doesn't want kids. I'm not so sure his sister does either. From what I hear, his parents seem to be modern or a bit "hip" on times. They approve of co-habitation before marriage. It's nice to meet people in modern times.

No comments: