10.02.2007

she never ceases to amaze me...

I had my mid-year review this afternoon with my boss. My performance reviews with her has been very interesting – from her talking about her own performance review (which wasn’t so great) to her telling me she feels like she doesn’t do anything (reality check: because she doesn’t). But I have to say today takes the cake.

We are in the middle of the review when she suddenly puts her hands over her mouth as her eyes widen.

“I think I’m going to throw up in my mouth,” she said. (10 points for who guesses correctly what movie that line comes from.)

“Oh no,” I said concerned. “There’s a trash can behind you.”

“I’m going to restroom,” she said.

Boss lady gets up and is about the run out of the room when she peeks her head back in and says, “I’m not pregnant.”

I looked astonished. For the life of me, I will never understand my boss.

P.S. Being pregnant wasn’t even the first thing on my mind, considering she’s 53 and it was just after lunch. Now, I think she just might be.

After all there was one time she freaked out and started thinking she was pregnant because her and her husband didn’t use a condom. I sat there thinking, “TMI – way too much info.”

No comments: