10.06.2007

good news...

Dad’s dialysis has been delayed. He was supposed to start this month, but when he went to the doctor his kidney hadn’t progressed that much. So the doctor said he could wait another 2-6 months to start. I think that’s the best news I’ve had all week.

Dad had surgery three weeks ago so they could tie his veins. Mother and I were under the impression that they would leave some type of entry way open so we could do the dialysis. (I say “we” because he has elected to do home dialysis which mean we are going to have to hook him up.) But they didn’t.

The surgery is allowing his vein to surface right under the skin so we may see it. That way we can hook him up for dialysis using a needle. The weirdest thing is when you touch his wrist, you can feel his pulse. I know everybody pulse can be felt that way. But his is like right there. You don’t have to focus to feel it. The minute you touch his wrist you can feel it.

Even better news…the doctor has decided to start a search for a match for him soon (which is early than usual). And I think mom is starting to lean toward letting me get tested. If I can get mom on board then dad will eventually follow.

Well I’ve got to get out of here. Tons of stuff to do!

No comments: