5.16.2007

fitness kick...

I can’t believe it. It’s been almost a month since my co-workers and I have been on this “fitness kick.”

It all started when one of my co-workers finally joined the health club at work (even though she’s been working at the company for six years). So now it’s us three copywriters. We’ve been working out three times a week – step aerobics class Tuesday, pilates Friday and we usually do another dance class – either hip hop or I’ll go do cardio latin dance.

Even more unbelievable is the fact that I don’t get sore anymore the day after. I remember the day after we took step (I hadn’t done it in six months), we could barely walk. Our boss was laughing so hard at our team. Pilates was different. I thought the class was great. I was able to do everything; didn’t even break a sweat. Then the next day my abs were so sore, it hurt to laugh. We decided to do the hip hop class at work because our 52-year-old boss told us it was really "fun." Yeah fun, if you don't mind almost fainting trying to get down the dance routine.

At this rate we will meet our goal in no time - to look decent in a swimsuit by August for one of the copy chief’s annual pool party. Should be interesting…

No comments: