6.17.2007

officially exclusive...

I knew it was coming. I mean after all Sweetness and I have been dating for three months. We’re officially exclusive. He asked me Saturday. I don’t know whether to puke or jump in joy. Puke, because part of me still detests the thought of the cuddling, hand holding and “I love you”s. I think that portion of me will never go away. Jump in joy because he is a nice guy. I really do like him, but I like my singledom too.

So naturally, I had to test him. “Can I wear my bootylicious mini-skirt to the Beyonce concert with my matching body-bearing top (even though you won’t be there)?”

He said, “Yes.”

“Really?”

“I trust you,” he replied. That makes two of us. I mean I trust him, but about as much as I trust anybody after three months. Trust and I just don’t go well together anyway. He could very well take a knife stab it my heart, twist it around and leave. Okay, so maybe that was a bit too graphic. But that’s the way I see it.

Anyways, so we spent both evenings together this weekend and he didn’t get on my nerves. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. He’s so quiet. I don’t ever see him getting on my nerves. If anything, I probably get on his nerves. I suppose it was nice. Saturday night, after the movie, we went back to his place. We fell asleep on the couch together watching the Disney Channel. It was serene.

No comments: