6.20.2007

no Angelina fan here...

Angelina Jolie’s movie “A Mighty Heart” is out. It looks pretty good. While talking about the movie one of my co-worker’s and I got on the subject of Angelina Jolie.

Previously, I’ve never really had a problem with Angelina. She was not one of my favorites. Now, if anyone asked me for my list of female celebrities I’d make out with, she’d be on it, but that’s another story. Main thing is I wasn’t crazy about her and will never be.

Anyways, my co-worker and I were talking about how interesting it is everyone has forgotten this woman stole somebody’s husband. It’s so weird because when I see pictures of Angelina, Brad Pitt and their children, I don’t think happy family. I think “Oh that’s the woman that stole Jennifer Aniston’s husband.” What gets me is no one really made a big deal about it when it all happened. It was just “Jennifer and Brad are getting a divorce.” Next day, “Brad and Angelina are together.”

I guess it makes me so mad because I’ve always thought if I were in that situation, I would be the Jennifer Aniston. I would be heartbroken and freaking pissed. I’ll give Angelina props for all of her charity work and adopting kids, but that still doesn’t replace the fact that she took somebody’s husband (Not to put no blame on Brad. It’s his fault too.). For that, I will never be a fan of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ you to an extent. Let's not forget that men aren't "stolen" -- they choose to leave. I don't like the fact that society never says that men leave their wives, but say other women "stole" them away. Angelina -- or any other woman -- can't steal or force a man to do what he doesn't want to do. Men make crappy, selfish decisions everyday and they should be held accountable. And Angelina, and other women such as her, should be held accountable for being an accomplice to breaking a part a marriage. I don't know if he cheated during their marriage, but if they didn't cheat and Brad divorced Jenn first and then moved on to Angelina, then I think more blame is on him than her.