6.25.2007

cell phones...

Sometimes you hate them, but some people like me really can’t live without them. If I don’t have my cell phone, I feel like I’m without my contacts/glasses.

My cell phone died Tuesday. My one-year-old Motorola Razor randomly shut off one me. I took it to Verizon that afternoon. Apparently, it could have been the battery or water damage. But of course the first question was, “Do you have insurance?”

“No,” I said sulking and batting my eyes to male across the counter. That was when I noticed the rep. looking at my chest. The entire time he spoke to me, well really my chest. With that, a few smiles and eye glares later, I was out of there with a new phone and battery for $70 (I got the same rate, as if I had insurance).

Three days later, my cell phone died on me again. Apparently, it was a short circuit. This time I lost all of my contacts. I was mad. And I wanted to slap that b**** behind the counter who kept smiling at me the entire time.

I have had so many problems with this cell phone. My mom, who has the same kind, has had problems too. In fact, come to think of it my last cell phone wasn’t too great either. That got me thinking. The last cell phone I had that I had no problems with was the old Nokia phone. You remember the big (well big compared to what's out now) bulky ones that was fairly popular some years back? (It wasn’t a flip phone) That was the best phone I had.

Just as I was thinking about that and talking to my co-worker, she pulls out the same one. She said “I have had this phone for years. I only use it in emergencies, but it’s reliable.” Damn her, I should have kept that phone too. So I would have gotten a couple of giggles from friends, but at least I would have some reliability. They just don’t make them like they used to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a Razor phone too and it sucks! Somehow, despite its suckiness, it was one of the most popular phones. I definitely want to give mine BACK!