5.27.2008

Weekend wrap-up...

Weekends go by so fast - even the ones where we have an extra day off. I slept all day yesterday after the graduation party, which turned out well. I think I spent too much time outside. You know how you feel a bit hungover after a night of drinking? That’s the way I felt Monday, except I didn’t have a drop of alcohol. I felt icky after swimming and spending hours outside because of my sinuses.

I was elated it didn’t rain and everyone got a chance to take a dip in the pool. Almost everyone came who RSVPed, which made for a packed house, but I think everyone had fun. The cake turned out beautifully. I’ll have to post a photo soon. It was delicious too.

Overall, it was a great party. I got all of these presents, which was kind of unexpected. I knew my parents’ friends would bring presents, but I didn’t expect my friends too. I just wanted them to come and get the free food. Most surprisingly, I finally got the watch from my parents I had been saving up for. For the past year, I’ve been saving up my Nordstrom gift cards to by this Burberry watch. Well, I finally got enough back in April. I just hadn’t bought it yet. But my parents bought it for me as my graduation present. Totally unexpected! I didn’t think they were getting me anything because the party was kind of a present. That and I usually can find a present beforehand since I’m so nosy. But this, I had no idea about.

It was good to see everyone though. I feel like it was a good time to have a party, since I’ll be having surgery next week. My dad will be having surgery next month too. So it’s right before we get back to all of our health business.

No comments: