5.19.2008

he's back and they are alive...

S finally came back and all of the fish are alive. I had never been so happy to see him. He also brought me back a bottle of tequila. It was expensive and supposed to be one of the best. We are going to open it in a couple of weeks after I have my surgery. I will need something to numb the pain.

So I’m going under the knife in less than 2 weeks. I decided to go ahead and get the surgery over with after my foot locked up on me for the second time while I was driving. I guess I didn’t realize the severity of it until suddenly my big toe on my right foot collapsed while I was driving on the freeway. I had this excruciating pain in my right foot that wouldn’t go away. So I pulled over on the side of the freeway until the pain subsided. I knew what the problem was and how to temporarily fix it. After all, I’ve had this problem almost all my life. It’s just my big toes has never collapsed on me like this and caused as much as it did that day. I called my friend I was going to meet to tell him I was going to be late. He offered to come and get me, but I declined. I would never condone anyone getting out of the car on a freeway (especially that already has a speed limit of 70 mph) - yet alone, myself getting out of the car. In order for the pain to subside, I had to put something in between my big toe and second toe to straighten it out. Unfortunately, that week I had cleaned out my car and had nothing in my car except for one thing – a sanitary pad (I always keep an extra one in my car, in case I have an unexpected period). In shame, I ripped the pad and put part of it between my toes. As if this couldn’t have happened at worse time. After about 10 minutes the pain subsided and I was able to drive to my destination with a pad in between my toes. Try not to laugh too hard. My co-worker couldn't stop laughing as I was telling her what happened. (I'm the only one in my group who's not married and doesn't have kids; so everybody at my job lives vicariously though my adventures.)

I’m a bit stubborn so it took one more time for this to happen for me to book my surgery. Luckily, the second time I had my brother in the car with me, so he had to take over driving. And you know it must have been some pain if I let my brother drive my car.

So in two weeks I’m going under the knife while knocked out. I wonder what I will dream of...

No comments: