5.20.2008

graduation extravaganza

My small graduation party has turned into a huge extravaganza right before my eyes. I invited about 20-25 people. Many of them were four hours way, out of town so I didn’t expect them to come, so it was more like an announcement.

Imagine my surprise when all of them start calling last weekend to let me know they are booking their hotel. The grand total – 46 people.

The party is technically supposed to be a pool party. We plan on having barbecue among other things. I hope it doesn’t rain or I don’t know what I’m going to do.

So yes, I have a big weekend coming up. My cousin will be the first to come in town on Friday. Everyone is excited about swimming in the pool. Meanwhile, I have to get everything ready – mainly the food. Then I have a wedding to attend on Saturday. Not to mention, I have to get ahead on my work a bit, since I’ll be out for my surgery. I’ll work from home some, but I have a bunch of Internet stuff to do. By the way, my gripe for the day is having to spend $574.26 for them to cut on my foot and put me in pain. They should pay me for getting a stab at my foot (pun intended). Anyways, then there’s freelance stuff (hey, I have to bring in some extra cash to at the least pay to fill up my tank.).

However, the party should be interesting. There’s going to be a great mix of people there, which always creates an electic atmosphere.

No comments: