5.12.2008

fishsitter...yes I am

I never thought I’d say this but I’m fish sitting. They aren’t just ordinary fish. These amazing salt water fish and I’m scared I’m going to kill them. Or I guess I’m more scared that my best friend S will kill me if I kill his fish.

He says he won’t be mad at me if I do, but I’m not so sure about that. I can barely take care of myself, yet alone some living and breathing fish. My track record isn’t so great with fish. The first fish I had named Trixsy lasted the longest and that was for about a month.

S’s fish aren’t just regular fish, like mine were. It takes so much to feed them. He has like 10-15 of them in this huge tank. There’s Big Daddy, Sharky, Nemo, Tigger (I named him)…the list goes on.

I have to feed them every other day until S gets back. Then it's not just feeding them. It's filling up the tank with water, putting cap fulls of these green stuff and even cleaning out the poop container (eww...). The things I do for S. I swear if this was anybody but S I wouldn't do it.

But man, I hope he comes back soon. I don’t know if I’m doing everything right. Did I put enough water in? Did I put enough food in? Did I put the seaweed in right? Oh my goodness, I hope that fish doesn’t bite me. This could be the end of S and I as we know it.

Ooo, idea. Maybe I should use this as a test. S wants me to move in with him, but I’m hesitant because I don’t want to ruin our friendship. I already feel like we are some old married couple. All we do is fight all the time and we know each other a little too well. But arguing is our thing. That’s what we do and we do it well. S might drive me crazy sometimes, but it is what it is.

So I think I'm going to use this as a test. Let’s see how well this goes first. Then we’ll talk about the moving in thing. Hey and maybe I won’t have anything to worry about. I did everything he told me to do right…I think.

And he did leave me the number to the fish doctor. If all else fails I can just call him. He’s $75 an hour, but I think it just might be worth it, if it means saving our friendship.

No comments: