4.30.2008

that rascally duck...

I’ve had it with those damn ducks! They are going down.

Ever since we got this pool 2 years ago, two ducks have tried to make it their home. In fact, these two ducks have made my neighborhood their neighborhood. One is a huge green duck (male) and the other is a gray smaller duck (female). I swear they've gotten bigger. Somebody must be feeding them around our neighborhood and that's why they keep hanging out here. They peruse our front yard. Fly into our backyard and swim in our pool. In years past, I could just go outside, throw some ice at the ducks, they leave and never come back (at least for a couple of days).

Well, imagine my surprise yesterday when they came back for the second day in a row. This time the two weren’t in the water. Instead they were sitting next to our pool pooping! I was livid. When I chased them off yesterday afternoon, the male came back 20 minutes later. (He checks out the backyard first, then goes back to get his wifey once its clear.) So for an hour yesterday afternoon, I was chasing the ducks out of the water because they kept coming back.

I’ve had it now! I’m going to Academy this afternoon to get a pellet gun. I’m taking them down and they are going to go back and tell all of their friends not to ever come back to my house. Or at the least pick someone else’s yard to go back too. There are several other pools in the area they can go wade in. They just choose ours because we don’t have a dog. But I know of a pool two streets down and they have no animals either.This is it. Since I don’t have school anymore, I can duck hunt all afternoon.

No comments: