4.29.2008

do you believe in miracles...

So dad goes to the doctor and we were told they’d probably have to put him in the hospital immediately to do one more surgery before he starts dialysis. But for some odd reason his creatinine levels hadn’t gotten higher. (The higher the levels the more his kidney is failing him.) The doctor had no idea why. So we’ve been warned once again, when he goes back to the doctor in June if his creatinine levels are any higher he has to go into the hospital immediately.

Anyways, several people have asked me how did my dad get in this situation. Was it from bad dieting or what? The answer is no.

Years back, dad had kidney stones. He had to have surgery to get them out. The doctor didn’t get them all out. Therefore it damaged one of his kidneys. That left him with one kidney and he’s a diabetic. So that’s the story folks.

Meanwhile, we have plenty to celebrate. Instead of walking, I decided to just have a party for my graduation. It’s kind of funny, because my list started with 25 people, but it has slowly grown to about 35.

I think my parents are excited about having a party, since dad’s surgery has been delayed. That way all of the family can come up and see him before everything starts. This all means I get everything I want for the party. Well mostly… dad only cut half of my food list (usually he cuts it down to ¼.). I think he was pleased I put barbecue on the list. For those of you who know me, I’m not that crazy about barbecue. But my people will expect barbecue on Memorial day weekend. So I just added a bunch more stuff that I actually like to eat.I have to get a bubble blowing machine, a cake, ice cream maker.

Ooo and I ordered two new swim suits today! Since I lost 20 pounds my old ones don’t fit. Should be interesting…

No comments: