4.13.2008

what's life without some risk?

Do you ever fear that you’ll wake up one day when you are 60 and realize you’ve been living most your life for everyone else? Or that you haven't really lived at all?

I do. I can seriously say I have lived most of my life trying to please everyone else. (That’s one of my faults.) I think it comes from me always wanting to please my parents when I was kid. Then from there it started spreading. There have been certain people in my life that I want to approve of things that I do. I’m tired. I’m tired of trying to please everybody and make everyone happy.

What about how I feel? So what if I am “ruining” my life. There’s nothing that can’t be fixed. Truthfully, unless, it has to do with my career, I don’t think I will truly be devastated.
If there is anything I take away from the EMBA program there is one thing - you have to take risks. In order for the payoff to be big, you have to be willing to take the risks. And I think that can apply to almost everything: work, school and even your personal life.

I’m tired of playing it safe. It’s time to take some risks. I may crash and burn a few times (which might be a little fun), but what’s life without some risk? Isn't that what living is all about?

No comments: