4.08.2008

to weddings, health and school...

I can’t believe its already April. Time flies! I feel like I’ve been going a million miles an hour for the past two months, but truth be told, I wouldn’t want it any other way. So here’s the run down:

Weddings… Who isn’t getting married? Me (and thank goodness!). I think 2008 is the year of weddings – four to be exact. There’s always something wedding related going on. While I am so happy for all of my friends and family making that huge commitment, could they have not spread these things out? You would think all of this wedding stuff would make me want to get married someday, but oddly enough its kind of doing the opposite. It makes me want to get married even less. I guess I just see marriage a bit differently than most. I think of it as nothing but a contract. Afterall, don’t you make your undying commitment to that loved one before you get married to him/her? Let’s hope, lol. I guess the thing I’d be excited about is the party…and what a party it is! I think I’ll just have a party and skip the whole vows thing. It makes things so much easier – you don’t have to worry about merging anything.

Health… But then again who needs a husband when you have a wonderful best friend who’s willing to take care of you even when you are one less foot. I have to have foot surgery on both of my feet (but I can only do one at a time.) Long story short, this has been a problem all my life, its just progressed to the point where I’m in pain. So doctor has to cut some bones, take some out and anything else to make my feet the best in the world (after all, if I have to have surgery, I better go all the way and have the perfect toes ever). Bad news: I won’t be able to drive for 5 weeks (for the right foot, which has to be done first)! And I’ll have to wear that ugly boot. All of this totally means death to my social life! I am so not having my dad be my chauffer and take me to the club. Eww! Meanwhile, my best friend offers to put me in a wheel chair and hook me up to the back of his car, lol. I think I’ll just hire my brother to chauffer me around. After all, he’ll be 21 in two weeks – slightly cooler than taking dad to the club.

School… 16 days to go and it can’t come fast enough. This group project is killing me. I’ve always known that I work better alone, but this whole project just confirms it. My group decided to do everything together. So we have met everyday this week and have plans to meet for the rest of this week after work. (eeek!) I get so much more done by myself. It’s not just the fact that there are five people doing this. I guess I’m just realizing I run 3 times faster than the rest of society. Seriously, I’m 26, clock is ticking…I’ve got so much more left to do.

No comments: