1.01.2008

2008...time flies

I’m glad 2008 is here. I think this year will be a bit brighter for me than 2007. I don’t want to dwell too much on the past two years which have been, let’s just say, not the best for the books. I spent practically the entire 2007 in school. I'm not complaining. I did it to myself. I knew exactly what I was doing when I signed up for school. I'm just glad that's over with. I felt like I was dreaming the entire year. Now I just want to look forward, because there’s a lot to look at.

For one, I’m going to Italy! I keep forgetting about it and the weeks are going by fast. So there is a little more than two months left until one of my friends and I leave for Italy. I think it’s really going to be an adventure. I’m going to try and remember every minute of it.

There will inevitably be bad times. It's no doubt dad will only get more sick, until he gets a kidney. I'd be wise in guessing there will probably be another death in the family. There has been at least one since 2006. (I think people are just getting at the age.) Not to mention, there is a chance I will get laid off in the next month, but I'll try to be optimistic.

The good news is I’ll be officially graduating with my masters degree in May. Mother has talked me into walking. I still don’t see the point – I really don’t remember my last two graduations, so why this one? But she agreed to pay for everything from the invitations to the cap and gown. I’ll just be happy to have that piece of paper.

While we are on the subject of school – yes, one class left – and I have a major group project. The best part is my whole year won’t be bogged down in classes. Life can go back to normal, or at least as best as it can.

I hope to do some more travelling this year too. After all, I won’t have school to take up my time – at least two more trips. (I have to put that new camera to use).

Not to mention, I’ll be going to at least two weddings this year. One of my friends and my mom’s godson is getting married. And, another friend just got engaged (last night!). Man, that’s a sign. Almost all of my friends will be married. Am I getting old or what? Pretty soon, they will be popping out babies. (Hey, just don’t call me to babysit. – j/k)

I was looking at pictures not too long ago of my friends and I when we were in college. It seems so long ago; we look so young. We are adults now, which is a little scary to me. You remember when people always asked you, “Where do you see yourself in 10 years?” We are almost at the 10 years.

Wow, now ain’t that something.

No comments: