1.08.2008

so 10 more it is...hopefully

I headed back to the gym this week. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I started on a Monday, because I tend to have my most energy. Therefore it was easy to finish my 40-minute workout.

I finally determined what my goal weight will be - 125. To some that may sound a bit too much, but I would be satisfied at 130. I say 125, because we all know it’s a lot harder to “maintain” your weight. So I’d like to have some breathing room. I picked 125 after Mischa Barton’s arrest for a DUI. Her mugshot with all of her stats were plastered all over the television. Height: 5’9; Weight: 125. I’m 5'7 or 5'8, so I figured I should be about her weight.

I’m quite surprised with all of this though. On my weigh-in day, Monday, I was way too scared to step on the scale. (I haven’t been officially on WW since Christmas.) When I went to the doctor in between that I had gained 2 pounds (eek!) Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale and I’ve lost even more weight. Overall, I’ve lost a total of 12 pounds since I started this endeavor in late October. (I lost those 2 pounds somewhere in between. Maybe guilt?)

I guess I keep having these visions of me laying poolside all flabby and overweight. I’ve got to look decent this summer. Last summer, I used school as an excuse. This summer there’s no excuses. I have six months to look acceptable.

So 10 more it is…hopefully

No comments: