12.28.2007

Santa baby...

Sometimes I really wish there was a real Santa. I could tell him exactly what I want and he could get it for me. It was only after I took an exotic dancing class, when I realized Santa may not be able to give me what I really need.

In between all of the craziness this past month, I took some time out to take another dance class. I had been taking belly dancing since November. It was fun, but I have to say it’s obviously not my strong suit. However, I did take another exotic dancing class.

Rewind: About two years ago, a couple of friends and I took an art of exotic dancing workshop. I know what you are thinking, but these workshops and classes are to empower women and help them build confidence. Okay, and to have a little fun too.

Ever since then I’ve been wanting to take another class, but as you know life gets in the way. Then I saw that the Santa Baby chair dancing class was 50 percent off. These classes are not the cheapest, so I had to jump on it and take it.

It was worth it. It was a great class. I learned a lot of steps and movements. I’d recommend it to any woman.

While it was fun, it was a bit frustrated for me. It made me realize that I’m still not back to my old self again. I guess subconsciously I was hoping that this class would jumpstart me back to being normal. But I just didn’t feel it. I didn’t feel anything I was doing. I felt like I was doing normal dance steps to a routine. So I was a bit disappointed about that part.

I’ve been trying so hard for the past few months. I just still feel like something isn’t right. I feel like something is missing or I’m broken. It’s hard for me to explain and I don’t expect anyone to get it. It’s just a feeling.

I’m thinking this might be too big of a job for Santa. I’ll just pray for this one.

No comments: