1.04.2008

what a way to start 2008...

I have strep. I have strep. I had to write it twice, because I can't quite believe it. What a way to bring in the new year. Here I go finally trying to be positive and I end up with strep.

I was so happy to go back to work on Wednesday. I got bored at home, off from work for almost 2 weeks. I tried to ignore my sore throat but when it had gotten worse by Thursday morning, I decided to go to the doctor downstairs at work. (I felt like I was in grade school again, going to see the nurse.)

She tested me for strep, which I was surprised I ended up having. I haven't had it in ages. But I guess the test doesn't lie and it came back positive. I was told I was contagious for the next 24 hours and not to cough, share drinks or etc. with anyone.

Once I came back to my desk with the diagnosis, everyone treated me like I was alien. No one wanted to come near me (not that I was trying to get by anyone), so I worked from home. I went in for half a day today to do the things I couldn't do at home.

What a way to start 2008...

No comments: