1.22.2007

attack of the village idiots

I have never considered myself a genius or even smart, but I am starting to wonder. Is it just some really dumb people out there or am I really that smart?

For the past two weeks I have felt like I have been attacked by the village idiots. I don’t have much patience and right now I am at the end of my rope. So I’m just going to highlight some incidents that have occurred in the past week:

Incident #1
I am in a meeting where product is being shown by an employee. Well the employee decides to put four items on one page and one item on three different pages. An items takes up one row on an excel sheet. She said she didn’t think about putting them all on page. My co-workers and I had to try our hardest to not laugh. You think she killed enough trees?

Incident #2
I’ve been working on this group project with four people. Two of us live north (one of which is me). Two of us live south. We meet south for the first two times. One of the members who lives south said she feels bad because the two that live north has to drive so far all the time. I suggest meeting in the middle. Nevertheless the two that live south takes it upon themselves to plan a meeting even further south than the original location. Not to mention at a restaurant where they hoped wouldn’t be too noisy at noon. You do the math. (I won’t go any further into that story because it gets a lot worse.)

Incident #3
I’m working on a page that is two steps away from being done (the deadline is three days away). An employee finally realizes one of the items is missing. That is only after she has seen it two times.

I’m going to stop there. I could give you about 5 more other incidents dealing with some dumb a** people. They make me look like a genius. Fortunately, I have been blessed with friends who are nothing like this. I never considered all of them to be really smart but right now I’m thinking we must be some of the smartest people on this earth. The older I get, the more I realize there are a lot of people missing some common sense in this world. And some people wonder why I can be an introvert. I just might have to find me a job where I interact with less people.

I need a vacation NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! I can totally relate!! Oh well, I think everyone has a few dumb moments in their life, however some have far more of those moments than others. =P
But ditto on the vacation!!! It's very needed. Or at least just a day to the spa perhaps. lol.