12.09.2007

it was a good weekend...a really good weekend

Who knew the annual company holiday party could be so fun? I’m not sure if it was the gambling or the drinks – probably the drinks. It was hard once I started drinking I couldn’t stop.

I just have had a rough week or two weeks at work. We keep getting more and more work and there is no sign of it stopping – all the while not knowing if any of us will have a job come next year (although I think that will be the case next year for a lot of other people in general). That’s why I can’t keep updating this thing regularly. I have so much work, I can’t take my vacation. I leave work to come home and work on work again. So it was evident I needed a drink or two.

And I had a drink or two. I still can’t believe I got so sloshed at a company party. But I’m not lonely. I remember going to the restroom and talking to some random associate. She was so drunk. Drunker than I was. She kept telling me how pretty my hair was and referring to some movie. You see that’s what I love about working for a big company. You can get loaded at a company party, but since there are thousands of people who work there, you can’t possibly know everybody. So you can get drunk in front of these people and quite frankly never see them again.

I think that was the case for many of us. I ran in boss lady – in typical fashion. The first thing she says to me is “That’s not my husband!” I hadn’t even gotten a chance to say “Hi.” Yet alone even process if the guy she was with was her husband or not. And the thing is she never introduced the guy; the guy ended up introducing himself. It was hilarious – as crazy as boss lady is, I can always count on her for a laugh.

Then I ran into another co-worker who Sweetness said was drunk. I was pretty gone myself to even figure out. All I do know is she said she was going to go smoke (but she doesn’t smoke, at least when she’s sober).

Then from there I ran into the co-worker I sit by. She knew from the second she saw me I was drunk. I remember when I walked away, I finished off another glass and the wine spilled all over my face. At that moment, I ran into another person I worked with. It was so evident I was drunk to her. I was like…oh well! At least I didn’t run into anybody too important.

As I was leaving, I ran into this guy who has had this crush on me. I finally met his wife (yeah, I’ll leave this full story for another entry). But Sweetness said it was very noticeable that he perked up with he saw me.

Even more impressive – I won $3,000 at the black jack table. Of course it wasn’t real money. I’m never that good when its real money. Overall it was a good night…a really good night!

I was kind of out of control. Sweetness and I had some really good “alone” time earlier that evening. It was so good I wanted to continue it in the car. We won’t get into that, but lets just say it was a good weekend …a really good weekend.

No comments: