12.12.2007

Mr. X...

Ok so you know how I talked about the coworker who has a crush on me a couple of entries ago; since I have a little time I thought I’d tell the full story.

This all started about four or five months ago when he asked me to lunch. For the story sake, we will call this co-worker Mr. X. I don’t work directly with Mr. X. He just works in another department within our department.

Mr. X is married to a flight attendant and has a child who is 22 years old (I know only four years younger than me). Since I can remember I’ve always said “Hi,” to Mr. X in the hallway, like I do with everyone else.

For the longest Mr. X had kept asking me to lunch. I’ve made up every excuse in the book from having the study during lunch (which was sometimes the truth) to not taking lunch at all. Eventually he started e-mailing me and we had conversations. As persistent as he is, he continued to ask me out for lunch, even offering to pay.

Finally after a couple of months the e-mails stopped. I think he got the hint. Of course I would still run into him in the hallways and at every occasion he would try to keep up a 5+ minute conversation, but it’s better than lunch right?

Throughout this whole thing Mr. X had no idea I have a boyfriend. Even though I love my boyfriend very much, I don’t talk about him that much.

So imagine Mr. X’s surprise when he met my boyfriend at the company Christmas party last Saturday. It was evident to Sweetness what was going on. I finally introduced Sweetness to Mr. X and Mr. X introduced me to his wife. I was so drunk that I didn’t pay too much attention.

The story doesn’t end here. On Monday, I ran into Mr. X. We chatted about the party for a bit. He told his wife I was his girlfriend. Yes, girlfriend! I walked away as quickly as I could. I don’t know what kind of relationship him and his wife has, but whatever it is I don’t want to be part of it.

No comments: