11.26.2007

Cyber Monday

I think the only thing I like about the holiday season is the shopping. I've been shopping for the past two weeks and I can't stop. My bank account is slowly shrinking but the good news is I don't eat as much. See, if given the option: eat or shop. I always pick shop. Therefore, I've spent the past month eating Lean Cusine and Smart Ones for lunch. Oh wait, I can't forget about my new favorite: Campbells Soup. It warms me up at work because I am always freezing (today included).

But back to the topic at hand: shopping. I spend half of my day at work frantically searching Internet sites for the best deals. After all, it is Cyber Monday. I MUST buy something. I must contibute to our economy. It is falling apart as we speak.

Nothing. I found nothing. I really need some pants. You really have no idea how hard it is to find pants for a 5'8 woman with my proportions. I wear a size 6, but have to buy an 8 for length – and still that sometimes isn't enough.

Then I surfed for something for Sweetness. I haven't quite pinned down exactly what I'm going to get him but I have some ideas. I kind of go from one extreme to the other each day. So today, I checked out some HDTVs, but none really struck me as a great deal.

I finally settled on something that had nothing to do with CyberMonday – my project I've been working on for grandma. So I ended up working on that for a little bit. Until I realized that I'm at work and actually had work to do.

Nevertheless, my shopping on CyberMonday was very unsuccessful.

Maybe I will still snag a great deal right before or after Christmas. I don't think people will be spending a lot of money, so retailers will have to slash their prices. So maybe it is best that I hold out.

No comments: