9.10.2007

the class from hell...

I went to my first class on Saturday. By the time I left the only thing I knew was the following: I have two case studies due next Saturday, a test the Saturday after that and some group project due in four weeks along with another test. I don’t know what the group project will be about because the teacher hasn’t decided. He hasn’t really decided what the test will be like either.

Oh and did I mention majority of the class has no textbooks and we are not connected online through the Blackboard system (that’s how we take all of our classes and get things like our syllabus, discussion boards, etc.)? I had a huge headache by the time I left class.

We don’t have textbooks because the university bookstore ran out and had to order more. We can’t order it from anywhere else because it’s a customized book. We were told the bookstore wouldn’t get them until Tuesday. Then they have to mail them to us, which means will get them on Wednesday – maybe.

I guess it wouldn’t have been so bad if the instructor was on the ball. He had no idea what he was going to do. I’ll give him this – he knows the subject of the class well. He’s just not organized at all. We kept asking him the same questions and he would never really answer them. In the end, we realized he doesn’t have this class planned out at all.

I guess I should note when we all signed up for this class another instructor was assigned to it. Then all of a sudden we got this new instructor, which is an adjunct professor.

Well, he was supposed to scan in the case studies and e-mail them to us this morning. Guess what? The day is half way over and no e-mail. Why am I not surprised?

I was hoping to have a low-stress semester since this is my last full semester. Apparently, that’s not going to happen. So far, I’ve used today at work to finish up my assignments for my other class. Hopefully I can knock out all of this stuff because I’ll need all the time I can get later for this class from hell.

Meanwhile, I’ve been working on another project to keep me busy once I’m done with school. I’ll have to tell you more about that later…

One class down, five more to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, everything will work out. The good news is we only have five weeks left!