6.01.2008

duck hunt...

Its been about two months and the ducks are still here. About two weeks ago as I was leaving for work, I saw one of the ducks in the middle of the road. I ran to get into my car, started up the engine, revved it up, but as soon as I got down to the street, he had moved -- right in front of a car. That damn bird! I would have hit the car if I tried to hit him. Grrr…I was so mad.

At least the birds stayed out of the pool for my graduation party. But that was only because people were in the pool. I say "out of the pool" because the night before they circled our house and decided not to land after they saw my cousins 9-year-old son in the pool. I swear they keep a watch on our house.

So after a reader suggestion I contact Bird-X, Inc.. They have some neat stuff, but much of it is very expensive. After talking to one of their staffers we decided an affordable option was buying a fake gator and putting it in the pool. So we did that last weekend. The gator’s eyes light up and even a light breeze will keep gator moving around the pool. I have to say it worked for a while. That is until one morning we woke up and a duck was in the pool with gator.

This morning again, there were two ducks in the pool with gator playing with him. As soon as I saw them I went out there to shoot them with the Co2 gun. They left feathers all in the pool. Those damn ducks! There’s only one real affordable way to get rid of them for good.

No comments: