6.08.2008

handicap perks...

I am so bored. I’m so ready to go back to work. The highlight of my week was riding the cart in my favorite grocery store, Central Market. I figured since I’m handicapped I should take full advantage of it. I already begged my doctor to give me a note or something so I could get a handicap sticker, but he said I wouldn’t qualify.

But riding the cart wasn't bad at all. It was nice being able to breeze down the aisles faster. People just kind of move out your way. I did get looks though. All the kids kind of kept looking at me. But I’m just going to chalk that up to beauty. Or maybe they just wish they could have driven the cart, hehe. The only bad part is having to reach for the items on the top shelf or out of reach. But did I get first-class service at the check out line. The cashier at the 1 through 10 item line let me checked me out immediately (even though I had about 20 items).

She said, “Don’t get up. I’ll get everything. You just rest.”

It was great. She put everything back in the cart’s basket and told me I could use the cart in the parking lot. I was having a good time, until my cart ran out of battery in the middle of the street. Thank goodness no cars were coming, or I would have been road kill. I had to get out and push the cart to the side. Being handicap is so hard…

No comments: