8.27.2007

i'm back...

Vacation was absolutely wonderful! I could’ve stayed for another week, but I didn’t want to use anymore vacation days (I have to keep some for Italy and Vegas!) It was so great. I cut myself off from everything – work, school. I didn’t think I would be able to do it but I only checked my work e-mail twice and my personal e-mail once. Before vacation, I swear I was truly about to go crazy. The minute I landed back in Dallas, the hundreds of things I have to do came back to me. I felt like it was dream being in California.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I kept thinking, “Hmm…what kind of job could I do here?” Levi’s is headquartered in San Francisco. I believe Gap is also headquartered in Cali. I’m so close to Seattle, what about Nordstroms? I’d love to work there.

Anyways, as I daydreamed about quitting my current job and moving to California I absolutely enjoyed every bit of my trip. I never needed a vacation like I needed this one. Everything was converging on me and it was just too much to handle. So I nice getaway was purely a necessity.

San Francisco was beautiful. I could live there except it was a tad too cold for me. I think my favorite part was the shopping at Union Square. Oh and then there was the fortune cookie factory. It was so cool how they made them. I was going to take a picture until the owner lady said “No pictures.” I’m still upset about that. But I was a bit soothed over after she made me two personalized fortune cookies. Also, I bought an entire bag of fortune cookies back. (Never mind the fact that I’ve already ate half of them) Maybe it’ll give me good luck. Then, there was Alcatraz. It was pretty cool until night fell upon us and it was freezing on the island.

Now San Diego is definitely livable. The highs are 82. The night time is just gorgeous. You can open the window pretty much all day. I had lunch at Coronado Beach. Even though San Diego is beautiful, I got bored really quick since I’ve been there so many times. So one of my friends came to save me and take me back to Los Angeles with her. I had so much fun! She took me out to some bars and I drank my little heart out. It was long overdue. Unfortunately, I had to come back to catch my flight to Dallas. And for the first time I rode a motorcycle. It was crazy. I just figured if I’m going to do it I should do it on the back of my uncle’s motorcycle and it was so cool. Although, I admit I was a bit scared – totally not in my nature. But it was something new and what I needed.

So that’s the summary of my trip. Over the next few days I’ll give you more bits and details of the entire adventure. From the crazy airplane ride to my “guitar lessons,” which I plan to continue here. I'm trying to catch up on all of my stuff at work. But I do feel much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should move here. glad u came out with us. -mh