8.08.2007

i think i can, i think i can...

Last weekend was very enjoyable. It was the first time in a long time I got to enjoy myself, well at least for a couple of hours. I finished up my last class of the summer. Then that afternoon I enjoyed a swim in the pool with my cousins who were in town. (Yes, I did say swim.)

For those of you who don’t know, I can’t swim. There have been those who have tried to teach me. In fact, I took lessons when I was 5, 7 and 9. No luck. Well, thanks to one of my youngest cousins who is 8 years old, I can swim. She brought this amazing thing to my house – a noddle. It’s the Styrofoam thing you can put under your arms and it helps you float. For the first time I was swimming away. I admit I’m still a novice. After all, the 8-year-old insisted she race me in the pool and offered the noodle to me, while she swam without one. But I think I’ll have this swimming thing all down in less than two weeks before I head to California. That way I can go to the beach and be one of those California girls. I can go out in the ocean with my foam board so I’ll look cool like everybody else. Besides I kind of like swimming I feel like Nemo. I can't help but do a fish face as I float in the water.

Not to mention all of this swimming is giving me a work out. My back and abs have been sore ever since. On another note, aren’t you all enjoying this weather? After rain most of the summer, it’s finally almost 100 degrees. Normally, I would gripe about it, but I’ll take 100 degree weather over raining all summer any day.

No comments: