3.26.2007

Why not?

People keep asking me why I went back to get my masters. I say, why not? I’m 25. I’m single and plan to be for quite some time. I want a successful career. I have the money. All of that led me to go back to school.

It sucks sometimes. Like when I want to go shopping Saturday, but I have to go to class instead. Or when I want to stay out late at night drinking, but can’t because I have to do some more reading or have class the next day. But in the grand scheme of things, it’s really not that bad. I’ll finish up the bulk of the program by the end of this year. (All I’ll have left is one class and two study abroad trips next year.)

Perhaps it’s the future that made me to do it. I see green. I want more money (not to say that money means everything). Since I was a kid, I’ve always wanted to live in a plush high-rise condo. I envisioned myself single, driving a nice car, having a modern-style home and just enjoying life as it is. The only person I have to depend on is myself. I’d be happy just coming close to that dream.

So a masters might help me achieve that. Or at least it will give me one up on someone when I’m trying to get a higher paid job or a raise.

No comments: