3.13.2007

what is the deal with dating and Wal-Mart?

This dating thing is so cool. I never thought I’d become the way I was in college and see several different guys at once. It feels so bad, but in actuality, it’s not. Everybody dates everybody on this match.com thing.

So after spending most of last week dating Em, on Monday I went out with the 30-year-old. He sounded like a man, which actually got me all excited, when I first talked to him on the phone. I have no idea what I’m going to do with a man. I’ve never really had one. Initially I though all Mr. Man wanted to do is have some “fun.” But after meeting him on Monday, I realized he’s just one of those funny guys. He likes to tell jokes and rag on people, which I love. He told me he might rag on me every once in a while and I told him that’s fine as long as he expects me to come right back at him every once in a while. This is going to be so fun.

He is very much like the guys I usually date – outgoing, funny and friendly. But what gives him one up is he’s smart. He has a master’s and likes to learn. He writes and reads, which gives us plenty to talk about.The date was nice. Mr. Man loves seafood, like I do, so we went to a seafood restaurant. He was about to eat his corn. It was so funny when he said, “now this corn is going to get in braces, so don’t pay attention to that.” I was just cracking up. I love his down-to-earth personality.Of course our date couldn’t end without him asking me to go to Wal-Mart with him. Mr. Man had a list of items he needed to get. I don’t know what the deal is with my dates and Wal-Mart. I love Wal-Mart, but I don’t think I want to go to one on the first day. Hmm…maybe on the second.

What is the deal with these dates and Wal-Mart by the way?

No comments: