3.08.2007

the weather made me do it...

No matter how hard I try, it is so hard trying to keep up with this thing. Life just always seems to get in the way.

So I got onto match.com for a free three-day trial. I think it was the weather that made me do it. After months of cold, dreary weather the sun came out and it had been a beautiful week. I could open my moonroof and just drive with the wind blowing in my hair. The only thing that was missing was a hottie. Everyone needs a hottie for the summer. My friend got on match.com, so I did it too.

A week later, here we are. I’ve met four potential “matches,” and have already gone out with one twice. He has been the one that I have had the most in common with. So for now we are going to call him Em. Em and I have been talking ever since last week. He is a wonderful writer, for someone who doesn’t do it for a living. He’s 28 years old. He’s quiet, calm and very smart. He knows his stuff. He somewhat intimidates me, which is a good thing. The things we have in common: he reads the news, has allergies and asthma, doesn’t want kids, wants to travel, has a masters (I’m getting one), has goals. Em is everything I want on paper. So what’s wrong with him? I don’t know, but I’ll find out soon enough.

Em and I went on our first date Saturday. I knew there wouldn’t be many awkward moments because we always have something in common. The date lasted 5 hours! I think that was my longest date in history. But we ended up at Barnes and Noble. I suggested it and I thought he would think it was the geekiest thing, but he does the same thing. So we sat there reading magazines and staring at each other.

Em and I’s second date was yesterday. He kissed me out of the blue. I turned around and he kissed me. I didn’t see it coming. We made out a lot. I don’t like to kiss and tell, lol, but he says he is not a good kisser. I think I disagree. We met up again tonight, went to WalMart then went to go make out. I feel like I’m in high school.

No comments: