12.02.2008

for the record...i probably would have gone crazy too

I just got through watching that Britney For the Record special on MTV and it left me feeling really bad for her. I know we shouldn’t feel bad for her because she has millions of dollars and is a celebrity but all of this started when she was only 15 or 16. She was kid. The attention and paparazzi following her is normal to her. It’s been like that for nearly half of her life. I can’t say I wouldn’t have gone crazy if I had that kind of life.

She says creating music and being in the studio makes her happy and I think that’s why she’s been able to put out two CD’s during all of this mess. I really don’t think her dad wanted her to get back into all of this. It seems like for a while he wanted her to do television for the more structured schedule so she could raise her kids. That’s why she did some appearances on How I Met Your Mother. But Britney got back in the studio and started writing and boom here’s a cd.

I wonder about her financial state. You might think, she’s earned millions but, when you are rich, you can blow through tons of money living a certain lifestyle. And I wonder if this tour and everything else is her dad’s way of making her some more money for those kids. We all know Britney is going to have to provide for those kids at least until they are 18.

Then maybe after all of this she will retire. I think she needs to. She deserves it. She truly doesn’t know what normal, as we know it, is. In the meantime, I think we can all enjoy her latest cd and quite possibly her last tour.

No comments: