11.18.2008

i'm a walking disaster...

I didn’t realize until a couple days ago, what a walking disaster I’ve been for the past couple of months. Since I have so many other important things to take care of, I tend to brush off my “scrapes and bruisies.” It wasn’t until one of my friends pointed out the reoccurrences of my scrapes and bruises.

Back in August, I got hit by a baseball at a minor league game. I don’t like baseball. I only went because the tickets were free and I got an all-you-can-eat pass. Well, I was near the concession stand when the baseball ricocheted off the stadium and hit me on the head. I ducked and tried to try to miss it, but it hit me anyway. It was so embarrassing. I felt like everyone was looking at me. The medic came over to examine me. Then I immediately left the game. No biggie – there just happened to be several co-workers at the game since we all got free tickets.

In September, I got stung by a swarm of wasps in the backyard. I had no idea wasps could sting you through your clothes until that night. I was stung all down the side of my back and right arm. It really was no big deal to me until I started webbing and stinging didn’t go away after 30 minutes. Several hours later after medicating the wound and drugging myself up I was fine.

In October, I burned myself while cooking. I accidentally touched the small part of the skillet that isn’t cool-to-touch. I really didn’t think it was that big of a deal until my wrist continued to burn 30 minutes afterwards.

I suppose this month’s injury could have been prevented had I not been drinking. So I don’t want to get into the details of how it happened, but I severely injured my knee. I really didn’t think it was a big deal until I started bleeding. But I have to say this one was totally worth it since it was a sex injury.

No comments: