12.08.2008

new position...

My new position has kept me busy. While I absolutely love what I do so far, it’s the prep I don’t like. I spend a good portion of my time in meetings. Meetings with whom might you ask?

Everybody. My team decides or approves every marketing piece. It took 2 hours to go through 4 weeks of stuff, ugh.

I’m not complaining. I’m happy to have a job and I actually like this position better than my last. My bosses seem pretty cool. Even the crazy lady is starting to rub off on me. It’s the other people I’m worried about.

After our first team meeting with 12 of us, I realized this is a team full of A-type personality people. A type personality people are usually impatient workaholics who constantly strive for high achievements (myself included).

It’s just after that meeting, I felt like if I turned my back for too long somebody might stab me. There are three people on the team I’ve worked with a little and quite frankly don’t care to work with again but will do it if I have to. They exemplify these characteristics to the T. Nevertheless, it should be fun.

On that note, with my busy schedule this will probably be my last post of the year. Have a wonderful holiday!

No comments: