2.01.2007

no more Starbucks for me...

Since I’ve been freezing at work I finally decided to go down to our new Starbucks to get something warm to drink. We used to have one in our company’s convenience store. But a couple of days ago they created a new one in the center of the building. I heard it was snazzier, so I was excited about going. I was wearing my black turtleneck with a cute tweed skirt and knee-high boots – perfect for this winter weather. Never mind the fact, I really can’t have anything with caffeine in it or I don’t like tea.

As I was standing in line contemplating what to order, a hot guy walks up behind me. If you have ever worked at the place I work at, you would understand that is rare - to find a hot, young man who is not married. I didn’t want tea, because I can’t justify spending that much money on something I can barely stand to drink. So I decided to order hot chocolate. Since it’s for wimps, I whispered it to the over-the-counter guy that I wanted a tall hot chocolate.

As I waited for my drink to be fixed, I smirked at the hottie standing nearby. He asked me how I was doing and I did the same. Then all of a sudden a woman yells, “Hot chocolate!” I ran quickly to the counter hoping he wouldn’t notice me with my hot chocolate. I was so embarrassed. I briskly walked out the door hoping he would forget all about me and my kid-friendly drink. H

ow weak is that? Ordering hot chocolate. I so didn’t look like a grown up. I think I’m going to just stick to carrying my Starbucks cup around the office with water. That way I don’t have to worry about someone busting my secret and I don’t have to spend nearly $5 a day at that place.

No comments: