10.13.2008

cowboys...

I love how this city is so in love with the Cowboys. If anything happens to our beloved Cowboys, it’s front-page news; top story of the broadcast.

This has been a disappointing week for our boys. I think the headline that summed it up the most (and the one I loved the most was, “pinky panic.”

In any other city, the top news story would not be about how the quarterback will be out for four weeks. Or how Pac Man got into an argument in a restroom of a club (big surprise).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. I’m just saying if the world was ending and at the same time Dallas Cowboys starting QB was out of the whole season or Pac Man went on another one of his “adventures,” the Cowboys would triumphant.

I learned a long time ago when I first moved to the city when they interrupted a regularly scheduled program to show the Dallas Cowboys parade for winning a championship.

No comments: