12.06.2006

It's time to take a stand

Ok, so I’m going to say it. It’s time to take a stand against these people who seem to be attached to their pets. I think it’s time for the legislators to intervene. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Since when are dogs allowed in Blockbuster? Here I am in line renting my DVD when I look to my right and instead of seeing a woman holding baby, she was holding her little dog. I can just hear some of you now “Aww, how cute.”

NO, it is not cute. Since when do you need to bring your dog to help you pick out a movie. Is he going help you pick out your clothes now?

Oh wait, I’m sorry, he probably goes to pick out his own clothes, since he was wearing a blue sweater. You know there’s a line in between being cute just plain crazy.

I don’t have a problem with people having pets and walking them outside, or having them at places where pets are readily accepted like the park.

But a line needs to be drawn. Dogs should not be allowed in Blockbuster. For goodness sake, roll your window down and leave the pet in the car! You shouldn’t be in the store for more than 15 minutes anyway.

I’ve seen (at my old job) and heard (at mother’s job) of people bringing their dogs to work with them. You can’t bring your children to work so why the hell would think it would be ok to bring your dog to work? Big or small, a dog shouldn’t roaming around the work place sniffing people.

Also while I’m on the subject, pets shouldn’t be allowed to eat at a restaurant. (I’m referring to a recent Dallas Morning News article, about restaurateurs near Lower Greenville allowing pets to eat with their owners.)

I’m sorry but if I want to go out to eat, I don’t want to look to my left and see some damn dog sitting a couple of feet from me slobbering at the table, eating his food and probably looking at my food too. No, that is so unsanitary and just plain gross.

If only some people would take care of their kids as well as they take care of their pets.

It’s time for legislators to take some actions and make some laws against where pets should and should not be allowed.

No comments: